Titanium tubes are used in different industries for various applications. The aerospace industry, power generation industry, chemical processing industry, oil and gas industry, and countless other trades all utilize the power of titanium tubing. Why is titanium tubing so popular? In order to learn why, and to determine whether it is the best metal component for your next project, it’s important to fully understand all aspects of titanium tubes. To help you get started, we outlined some important facts about the metal that these parts are made out of: titanium.
7 Facts About Titanium
- Titanium resists corrosion and is particularly strong and lightweight.
- Titanium is as strong as steal, but only 45 percent of its weight. It is also twice as strong as aluminum despite being only 60 percent heavier.
- It’s melting point is 3,034.4 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Not discovered until 1791, titanium is the ninth most abundant metal in the Earth’s crust.
- It is number 22 on the Periodic Table of Elements with the atomic symbol of Ti.
- Titanium is a slivery-white metal that is resistant to corrosion and rusting. This is thanks to the fact that it reacts with oxygen and forms a protective layer of titanium oxide that keeps out air and water.
- Titanium is a great material for a wide range of metal components, including titanium tubing.
Contact Us to Learn More About Titanium Tubing!
Do you have any questions about titanium tubing? If yes, you can count on Ferralloy, Inc. to provide you with the answers! Furthermore, once you decide whether or not titanium tubing is the best option for your specific needs, we can supply you with the parts. We have the resources to supply you with high-quality metal parts, delivered on time, and at a competitive price. Connect with Ferralloy, Inc. online today!