You might have seen a jewelry store offering rings made from titanium or has titanium mixed within its compound. While it might look smooth, sturdy, and pretty to look at, what’s the real score? Today we’ll find out how these seamless rings rank when it comes to durability and efficiency.
The Pros and Cons of Titanium Rings
- Materials such as watches, rings, and metals parts made from titanium are naturally lightweight, this makes wearing accessories like rings comfortable and easy to put on.
- Titanium is a strong and resistant metal, this means the metal will not bend, break or melt under normal conditions.
- Materials made up of titanium can easily be engraved with a laser engraver thanks to its generic compound.
- Titanium is hard to mold and fit. Rings that are made from titanium must be fitted with the exact ring size or else the material from the inner part of the band must be removed to resize the ring.
- Titanium cannot be soldered or altered. Because of its smooth and shiny exterior, soldering titanium will ruin its shine as it cannot be easily polished.
- It has high reactivity. Materials made out of titanium must be processed carefully or else impurities introduced during its process cannot be removed.
Despite its weight, titanium is surprisingly strong as a metal. There are, however, some misconceptions about it being scratch-proof and wither-proof. While it is a strong and shiny metal, titanium can also be scratched and is also susceptible to ordinary wear and tear. If you want to maintain the color and brightness of your titanium ring, make sure to bring it to your jeweler periodically.
Know More About Seamless Rings Here
Titanium isn’t the only material that can be used as a base for a ring. There are also other unique options to explore when you contact us here at Ferralloy. Know more about the services that we offer by contacting our team today!